Krishna Janmashtami is observed with great devotion and enthusiasm by Hindus all over the world. Some of the common rituals and traditions include:
– Fasting until midnight, the time of Krishna’s birth.
– Bathing and dressing the idol of Krishna in new clothes and ornaments, and offering him sweets and fruits.
– Decorating temples and homes with flowers, leaves, rangoli (coloured patterns), and footprints of Krishna.
– Singing bhajans (devotional songs) and kirtans (group chanting) in praise of Krishna.
– Performing dance-dramas based on the life and legends of Krishna.
– Breaking pots of curd or butter hung from poles, imitating Krishna’s childhood mischief of stealing butter from the cowherds’ houses.
– Flying kites as a symbol of freedom and joy.
Krishna Janmashtami is a festival of love, joy, and faith. It reminds us of the divine presence and grace of Krishna in our lives. Here are some messages, quotes, wishes, and images that you can share with your family and friends on this auspicious occasion:
– May Lord Krishna fill your home with happiness and love on this special day. Happy Krishna Janmashtami!
– Let us celebrate the birth of the supreme lord who taught us the true meaning of life. Jai Shri Krishna!
– May you find peace and happiness in the teachings of Lord Krishna. Wishing you a blessed and joyful Janmashtami!
– On this holy occasion of Janmashtami, I pray that Lord Krishna showers his blessings on you and your family. Hare Krishna!
– May the flute of Lord Krishna guide your path towards an enlightened and fulfilling life. Happy Janmashtami to you and your family!.